Envision has been hit very hard with the effects of Covid-19. No site is currently open, with the majority of our sites now permanently closed.
Bottle top collection was ceased in January 2020 due to the overwhelming numbers of tops being collected and no further tops can be received, even if we reopen in 2021. As promised, no tops collected will go into landfill, with all tops not used going to plastic recycling companies to process.
We are hopeful of re-opening in 2021 and running projects in the community but this is still dependent on Covid-19 restrictions and associated funding.
We wish to thank all the supporters and sponsors and wish everyone the best for Christmas and a much brighter and safer 2021.
What’s Envision all about?
Envision Employment Services is a community based not for profit organisation that focuses on supporting and assisting longer term job seekers, through the provision of quality Work for the Dole.
All items made at Envision are donated back to those organizations in the community supporting some of the most marginalised and disadvantaged members.
Some of the amazing Work for the Dole projects have included:
- Building clown’s head trailers and mini golf courses to assist organisations in the community wanting to fundraise
- Stripping and refurbishing old caravans for organisations like the Salvation Army, schools and as community counselling/coffee vans
- Making outdoor chess sets for schools
- Putting murals together for community hubs
- Rebuilding and configuring computers into game consoles for youth centres
- Making decorative items, such as Christmas tree decorations, from recycled plastic bottle tops
Envision is committed to working with the community whilst ensuring we maintain a focus on recycling of material to play our role in reducing landfill, and assisting in keeping our environment clean for future generations.
3rd December 2020