Hezbollah launches massive rocket attack as ‘over 100’ missiles rain down on Israel

Tyler Mitchell By Tyler Mitchell Jun14,2024

Israel is again under massive bombardment from Lebanon after the terror group Hezbollah launched hundreds of rockets towards the country.

Air raid sirens rang out across northern Israel as projectiles rained down – it’s unclear if the terror group struck any of its intended targets but two people were reportedly injured in the Golan Heights in the latest attack numbering over 100 rockets.

Fires had reportedly broken out in the Galilee and Golan regions of Israel. Katzrin, the largest Jewish community in Golan Heights, sustained direct hits resulting in two injuries.

Hezbollah official Hashem Safieddine said they are increasing the intensity, force, and quantity of their attacks against Israel.

He said: “If the enemy is screaming and moaning about what happened to it in northern Palestine, let him prepare himself to cry and wail.”

An explosion was also heard in the Upper Galilee Regional Council area as the Israeli military intercepted a hostile aircraft, and more sirens were sounded in the Upper Galilee region.

Alerts about the incursion of a hostile aircraft were issued in Hazor Haglilit and its surroundings. The maritime security company Ambrey also reported a distress call from a ship struck by a Houthi missile.

At the same time, an Israeli military spokesperson said a massive tunnel approximately 800 meters long in the Gaza Strip had been destroyed.

The operation, occurring less than a mile from the Israeli border, reportedly wiped out “dozens of individuals involved in hostile activities” and “approximately 50 terror infrastructures were demolished”.

Hezbollah and Israel have been exchanging fire daily for months since Hamas – an ally of the Iran-backed Hezbollah – launched a brutal terrorist attack into Israel on October 7 killing 1,200 people, mostly civilians.

Israel continues to attack Gaza, with no signs of the bombardment ending soon. Hamas said it has presented its response to a ceasefire deal – which will include an exchange of prisoners and a plan to reconstruct the area.

Tyler Mitchell

By Tyler Mitchell

Tyler is a renowned journalist with years of experience covering a wide range of topics including politics, entertainment, and technology. His insightful analysis and compelling storytelling have made him a trusted source for breaking news and expert commentary.

Related Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *